Arroz con Pollo
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 aji (Peruvian) pepper, seeded and deveined (can be found at most latin markets)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups uncooked white jasmine rice
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 bell pepper sliced into strips
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 6 grilled chicken drumsticks (or thighs)
- Put the cilantro, garlic, aji pepper, into a blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a hot skillet add oil and brown the rice.
- Once rice is browned add bell pepper and onions and saut? for 5-6 minutes.
- Next add Worcestershire sauce, and orange juice, wine, and chicken stock and cilantro puree.
- Add chicken and bring to a boil then lower heat to simmer.
- When rice in nearly done add peas and allow to finish cooking.
- Once done allow Arroz con Pollo to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy.