Barbeques Galore is the nation’s largest specialty retailer of gas grills and outdoor kitchen products, established in the U.S. in 1980. We have retail stores concentrated throughout California, Nevada, Arizona and Texas, where the sun shines often and outdoor living is a year-round indulgence. With millions of grill sales under our belt we pride ourselves on the expert knowledge of our sales associates, who will always take the time to help you shop for the right grill for your home, business, or recreational activity.
We dream big, and if it weren't for that we would not be in the position we are in today. With this in mind, we have created a scholarship for an undergraduate student that best articulates how they were motivated to achieve their goals. What are the big dreams you have that inspire you?
- Applicants are required to have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Students attending an accredited online university are welcome to apply.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester that they are applying to receive the scholarship.
Required Application Details
- Please write an 600-800 word essay detailing how you are motivated to achieve your goals. What are the big dreams you have that inspire you?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter to an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit your application via the form linked below.
How to Apply
Please use the form link to submit your information to apply: Barbeques Galore Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of the terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by January 1st, 2021.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by January 15th, 2021.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from Barbeques Galore.
- Questions about the Barbeques Galore Scholarship can be directed to [email protected]
- The scholarship funds provided by Barbecues Galore will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant Barbeques Galore permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on www.bbqgalore.com or in other marketing communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to Barbeques Galore Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc.) issued by Barbeques Galore.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the Barbeques Galore website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on Barbeques Galore’s social media pages.