Voodoo Cajun Beer Can Chicken Recipe
A brilliant way to roast a chicken on the grill! Learn how to cook the most tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken right on a beer can with social media superstar Jason Glover of @Dadsthatcook. Perfect for any day of the year, this moist and crispy chicken is a fun way to grill up a chicken for the whole family!
Serves: 4-5 people
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 45 min
Time: 1 hr 15 min
1 Whole Chicken (3 to 4 lbs)
1 tsp. Corn or Flour Tortillas (or Combo) if you prefer
3 Cloves of Garlic
3 Pieces chopped onion
12 oz. beer of your choice
Ingredients for Injection
½ cup Room Temperature melted butter
2 tbsp. Holy Voodoo Rub
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
½ cup Apple Cider Vineger
Ingredients for Rub
Holy Voodoo seasoning from Meat Church to cover the outside of the chicken.
- Whisk all injection ingredients together.
- Using a kitchen syringe, inject the liquid into various spots on the chicken.Try to be even as possible, injecting about 1/2 of the mixture into the breasts,and the other 1/2 throughout the rest of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken down with olive oil, and apply an even layer of HolyVoodoo Rub to the bird.
- Drink half of the beer (LOL), widen the opening of the can or use a ceramicbeer can like I have, then put the beer, garlic, onion and a teaspoon of theHoly Voodoo rub in the can.
- Place the bird on the can.
- Preheat your smoker to about 400 F degrees. I used red wine barrelsoaked oak pellets for my pellet smoker.
- Smoke the chicken for about 1 hour, or until the internal temperature of thechicken reaches 165 F Degrees.