Reverse Seared Tri-tip w/ Chimichurri by Chuck Matto
Serves: 4 people
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hr 30 min
Time: 1 hr 40 min
1 Tri-tip Roast (2.5-3lbs avg.)
1 Bunch of Parsley
1 cup Olive Oil
4 cloves of Garlic
1/4 tbs. Chili Flakes (Season to Taste)
1/4 tbs. Salt (Season to Taste)
1/4 tbs. Pepper (Season to Taste)
- Season the meat liberally on both sides and let sit at room temp for 20 mins.
- Set the grill up for 2 zone cooking (ignite the burners on one side of the grill but not the other).
- Place your tri-tip on the cool side of the grill when the grill temp reaches 250. Let cook indirect until IT reaches 115.
- While the tri tip cooks, assemble the chimichurri. Finely chop herbs and garlic. Combine in a bowl and add vinegar, salt and pepper. Add olive oil until desired texture is achieved. Can also be done in a processesor. Combine cilantro, garlic, peper flakes, olive oil, salt, pepper and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove tri tip from heat and increase grill heat up to 600 degrees. Quickly sear each side of the tri-tip.
- Remove tri-tip from grill and let rest 15 mins before slicing, cutting against the grain. Serve with chimichurri.