Best Portable Gas and Charcoal Grills for 2023
Best Portable Gas And Charcoal Grills For 2023
Grilling on the go is all the more so exhilarating than grilling at home. With a portable grill, you can whip up some burgers while camping, in the back of a truck, or in the center of an empty field. Tailgaters and event planners can find incredible uses for one of these top-rated portable gas grills, but anyone can benefit from the convenience they deliver.
Additional features on a portable gas grill can also come in handy, features such as Wi-Fi connectivity, an extended cooking area, fold-out side shelves, and integrated temperature gauges. Anything that can make the grilling experience simpler will be in your favor, but remember to look for your personal preferences, as well.
1. Best Portable Gas Grill
Napoleon TravelQ PRO 285 Portable
Napoleon PRO285E-BK TravelQ Portable Tabletop Electric Grill provides a high performance grill for the on-the-go grill enthusiast. This portable grill features a large 285 square inches of grilling surface and a precise temperature control.
- 285 sq. inches of cooking area with a high-top lid design for cooking larger cuts of meat
- 1500 Watt Heating Element and simple temperature control knob let you sear or cook low and slow
- Porcelain-coated cast iron wave cooking grids resist rust and provide iconic Napoleon sear marks
- Side handles for portability
- Requires standard 12VAC power source
- Weight: 38 lbs
2. Best Portable Gas Grill / Griddle Combination
Weber Q2200 Portable Grill
Some dishes may seem impractical with the gaps between the grill grates, but some portable grills, like the Weber Q2200 Portable Grill, have the ability to transform into a griddle. To achieve this, you will need to buy a Q 2000-series compatible griddle to attach to the cooking surface.
This Weber grill also utilizes ergonomic side handles and sturdy cradles on the front and back to make portability incredibly easy, so camping is feasible.
- 60,000 BTUs of power
- Five Burners - four main burners and one infrared rotisserie
- Interior halogen lighting
- Exterior LED lighting
- Rotisserie kit included
- 304 stainless steel construction
3. Best Portable Grill – Lightweight
Weber Smokey Joe Premium 14-Inch
Charcoal grills are a little less convenient because of the grill’s shape and that a giant bag of charcoal will be necessary to lug around with it, but there is something more authentic to charcoal-fueled flames. The Weber Smokey Joe Premium 14-Inch Portable Charcoal Grill is light.
- Glass-reinforced nylon handle
- 14 ½” diameter triple nickel-plated cooking grate
- Porcelain-enameled coating on grill exterior
- 10-year limited warranty
4. Best Portable Gas Grill – Kamado Style
Big Green Egg Minimax With Portable Nest
The all new MiniMax Big Green Egg is proof that great things come in small packages – and this EGG is the first to arrive with its own transportation in the form of a sturdy, easy to grip Carrier!
- Cooking Area: 133 sq in / 856 sq cm
- Made of heavy-duty, powder-coated steel
- Folds for easy transport
- Quick-release clips secure the MiniMax firmly to Portable Nest
- Rubber pads on the bottom of the legs
- Weight: 76 lbs / 35 kgs
5. Best Portable Grill For Small Events
Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal BBQ Grill
Grills like the Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal BBQ Grill are perfect for homeowners and event planners alike. It could be useful to pretty much anyone needing to grill on the go. Football season may be over for now, but tailgating is the picture-perfect reason to have this Weber grill.
- Charcoal grill
- 160 sq. in. total cooking area
- Two glass-reinforced nylon handles
- Four rust-resistant aluminum dampers
- Plated steel cooking grate
- Heavy-gauge steel charcoal grate
6. Best Portable Grill For Indoors
Napoleon TravelQ 2225
TravelQ™ 2225 Portable Propane Gas Grill by Napoleon, you can take quality grilling with you anywhere you go. This portable grill is perfect for a tailgate party, and sets up in seconds! The TravelQ™ is also great for those who live a compact lifestyle. With an optional stand, you can grill on the go, or tuck the TravelQ™ away when it's not needed.
- Circular stainless steel burner covers the large cooking area
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grids
- Sets up in as little as 10 seconds
- Easy to clean, removable grease tray
- Handle and folding legs for easily transporting the grill
- Easy-to-clean drip tray
Best Portable Gas Grill For You
The best-infrared gas grill is the Delta Heat 32" Gas Grill with Infrared Rotisserie. The grill is high-quality, heavy-duty stainless steel, it distributes heat perfectly with 3 U-burners and a 9V electronic ignition system.
The Delta Heat is one of the best infrared gas grills in 2022, but a few other options are the Twin Eagles 54-Inch 4-Burner Grill with Sear Zone & Two Infrared Rotisserie Burners and the Fire Magic Echelon Diamond E1060i Grill with Infrared Burner and Digital Thermometer.
These two grills have outstanding features. The Twin Eagles grill is perfect for nighttime grilling anywhere, and the Fire Magic Echelon grill has the largest cooking surface for cooking dozens of hotdogs, hamburgers, and anything else you can fit on the grill. Either way you go, there is something to enjoy.
You May Also Like
Best Weber Grills
With so many options to choose from, our experts has compiled a list of the best Weber grills to help you narrow down which grill is right for you!
How To Buy A Pellet Grill And Smoker
Do you want to enjoy the convenience of a propane grill with the flavor of a charcoal grill? A pellet grill is what you are looking for.